Listed below are a selection of Empress Effects Guitar Effect Pedals showing prices from various suppliers in a grid format. Click on the name of the guitar effect pedal you are interested in to be taken to the merchant page and place your order.
You can also use this link to review the full range of Empress Effects guitar effect pedals on the yumagold.co.uk web site where you can compare prices from different suppliers before choosing.
Prices for the Empress Effects Guitar Effect Pedals
Click on the links below to each of the individual Empress Effects Guitar Effect Pedals.
About Empress Effects Guitar Pedals
Taken from the Empress Effects web site “At Empress Effects, we strive to make original and exciting effects. Every effort is made to ensure the highest possible sound quality in every pedal. We aim to maximize the tonal possibilities with innovative features, yet remain focused on providing an intuitive user experience while keeping the footprint on the pedal-board minimal. Our goal is to inspire musicians.
Empress Effects was born after a Tremolo pedal was requested by a friend. After the friend did not require the tremolo it was sold to a music store who liked it so much that they ordered 10. After speaking with a few other retailers, it was clear that there was a demand for these pedals. On the tail of the Tremolos success, Steve got ambitious and began work on the Superdelay. The Superdelay took 2 years to design! During this period, Steve realized that, even if he worked 24 hours a day, he couldn’t keep up with demand. And thus, the Empress family grew. Mike came on to take over assembly and Jay joined to help design pedals. With this new team assembled, things ran much smoother and now, with 2 full time designers, new pedals came much quicker! In 2008, the ParaEq (the first pedal designed entirely by Jay) was released”
Buy Empress Effect Pedals at Amazon
Click here to Buy Empress Effect Pedals
All Makes and Types of Guitar Effect Pedals
There are many manufacturers and styles of guitar effect pedal to consider. You can also use this link to choose guitar effect pedal by type of effect and this link to choose guitar effect pedal manufacturers including all the well know brands including Mooer effect pedals, Joyo effect pedals, Behringer effect pedals, MXR pedals, Boss pedals and many many more. We also have many boutique guitar effect pedals available on the site from manufacturers like Strymon effect pedal, Dod effect pedal and Keeley effect pedal plus many more.
Guitar Effect Pedals Explained
A guitar effect unit or pedal is an electronic or digital device that alters the input sound from the guitar pick ups. The modified sound is then output to a guitar amplifier or to another effect pedal to be modified further. Common effects include:
- Distortion – this type of guitar effect modifies the input signal to replicate hard driven valve guitar amplifier. There are many variations on this including fuzz guitar pedals, overdrive guitar pedals, distortion guitar pedals, blues guitar pedals, crunch guitar pedals and heavy metal guitar pedals.
- Dynamic – this type of effect modifies the signal but does to shape or modify it. They are used to clean up the signal, boost the pickups or to improve the tone. Check out these guitar pickup booster effect pedal, guitar pre-amp effect pedal, guitar noise gate pedals, guitar compressor pedals, guitar volume pedals and guitar limiter pedals.
- Filter – these effect shape and modify the frequency of the input guitar signal to create new sounds and include guitar wah pedals and guitar graphic equaliser effect pedals,.
- Modulation – these effects are the most popular and modulate the input signal to create new interesting sounds and include guitar chorus pedals, Flanger Effect Pedal, guitar phaser pedal, guitar vibe pedal, guitar tremolo pedal, guitar modulation pedal and guitar vibrato pedal.
- Pitch – these effects modify the input signal by changing the pitch of the note, for example an octaver may add an extra note one octave higher, one lower or even both. Choose a guitar octaver pedal.
- Specialist – these are unique effects that create a new and interesting sound including guitar bit crusher effect pedal, guitar rotary speaker pedal,
- Time and Echo – these effects add reflections of the input signal to thicken the sound and also to add unique echo effects. Choose from guitar digital delay pedal, guitar analog delay pedal, guitar reverb pedal, guitar tape echo pedal,
- Others – there are other unique pedals used for a specific use like acoustic guitar pedals, guitar multi-effects pedal, guitar looper pedal, guitar tuner pedals, amp simulator pedals and aby switch pedals
Most modern effects use solid-state electronics eg computer chips however some old and vintage effects use mechanical components like spring reverb and vacuum tubes. Guitar effects can be either small pedals used on the floor eg “stompboxes” or a full rack mounted electronic effects units. Effects are typically controlled by a footswitch, either on the pedal, or as a seperate unit on the floor. Guitarists have used effects for many years to modify the sound from the guitar and to create new and exciting sounds for use on new recordings. These are then used on stage via a pedal board where the guitarist can switch on and off various effects during a live performance to replica the original recording.
Also See These Products
- Buy Guitar Effect Pedals by Make [Boss, DOD, Caline, Rowin, EHX etc]
- Buy Guitar Effect Pedals by Type of Effect [Fuzz, Overdrive, Delay etc]
- Buy Boutique Guitar Effect Pedals [Custom Effects]
- Buy Guitar Amps by Make [Marshall, Orange,Vox, Fender etc]
- Buy Guitar Amps by Type [Valve, Solid State, Head, Bass etc]
- Buy Boutique Guitar Amps [Custom & Handmade Amps]
- Buy Guitar Amp Speaker Cabinets
- Buy Guitar Amp Valves
- Buy Guitar Amp Matched Valves
- Buy Guitar Amp Re-Valve Sets